Do I Have an Anxiety Disorder?
What Is an Anxiety Disorder and How Is It Treated?
Anxiety disorders are relatively common in the United States and exist on a spectrum from mild to severe. According to the National Institute of Mental Health NIMH), “an estimated 31.1% of U.S. adults experience an anxiety disorder at some time in their lives.” NIMH defines anxiety disorders as any one of the following types:
- Panic Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (most common type)
- Agoraphobia (fear of particular spaces or situations that cause anxiety)
- Specific Phobias
- Social Anxiety
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
At Create Recovery Center of West Los Angeles, our clinical staff can help you find a treatment plan to address your unique needs. We believe that individualized approaches encompassing several treatment techniques are best for a successful recovery. Although treatment can vary depending upon the type of anxiety and the person, anxiety disorders share many common characteristics.